A little history…
Sims Countertops has been providing Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding areas with countertops for over 60 years.
Established in 1954, Henry Sims began servicing clients in Sault Ste. Marie with custom cabinets and countertops from his 1,200 sq. ft. shop on Bainbridge St.
In 1967, Henry relocated his shop to the current location at 1244 Great Northern Rd. From there, Henry continued to service clients throughout the region, making sure quality and customer service were his number one priority. He continued to grow the company, expanding his facility from 2,100 sq. ft. to 6,000 sq. ft. in 1977.
Henry would eventually retire in 1985, handing the business over to his son Barry, who continues to operate the company. Barry has helped grow Sims Countertops to where it is today, where we service homeowners, designers, building suppliers, contractors and various other clients throughout the Algoma region.
5 Reasons to Choose Sims Countertops
- Community – We are a proud supporter of several local organizations. We sponsor youth hockey teams, and donate to Habitat for Humanity.
- Local – Choose local. Supporting small businesses helps strengthen the local economy.
- Quality – Being in business for over 60 years, our attention to detail is second to none and our clients will get the best quality as possible from us.
- Service – Our staff guides our clients down the path to a new countertop and we will help them in any capacity we can. Our service and quality is how we’ve been in business for over six decades.
- Product – We guarantee our product will be the best on the market.